Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Heimlich!

Dear Caida,

Holy cow, you scared me SOOOO much this morning!  Those awful white round pills/vitamins-that-keep-you-awake?  You choked on one this morning--like, really, actually choked.  Your mom and I both freaked out for about 10-15 seconds; I said, "You're a CNA!" and she said "But you're CPR certified!" and I said, "But you're a CNA!" and she said, "But you're CPR certified!"  Yeah, we did that two or three times before I realized that we had to stop talking and start moving or you'd really be in serious trouble.  I pulled you from the chair, and tried giving you the heimlich while your mom told you to cough as hard as you could...together, with a lot of help from your body, we got it out in what was probably only like 15-20 seconds but it felt like FOREVER!!!  And then you threw up all over the carpet, which I was TOTALLY OKAY WITH!  And then you hugged your mom and then you finished the rest of your capsules just fine and had breakfast and it was like nothing happened...to YOU.  Your mom and I were totally shaking all morning long!  Even as I think of it now, I get a little surge of adrenaline and feel like I want to just give you liquids forever so you never choke like that again!

I sure do LOVE you, kiddo!  And I'm SOOOOOOO glad you're okay!  Life just wouldn't be the same without you!!!

Love,
Aunt Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment