Dear Caida,
I have a less-than pleasant note for you today. I don't know why you are SO AWFUL in the mornings, but you are. You're almost seven years old, and not only do you NOT wake up well, but you are a brat all morning long--refusing to help your mom who is dressing you like a baby because you won't get dressed on your own. Spanking, taking away your electronic entertainment options, yelling, bribery, games, and more didn't work. They often don't. So not only did you go without breakfast (AGAIN), but we had a very unpleasant interaction this morning. You refused to take your medicine, and that's just not an option. After patiently explaining the consequences of not taking it, you said you'd try. But you didn't. You were slower than all get out AND you spit out your medicine. So I told you, it was either do it the easy way or the hard way, because not taking it was not an option. Either take it on your own, like I know you can, or I will force it into the back of your mouth and make you drink water. You chose the latter. It wasn't pretty. You cried. I wanted to cry. And even after doing it TWICE, you still refused to take it on your own. I am SO mad at you right now, because I know you have it in you to do and be so much better. And it brings out the absolute WORST in your mom. I hate being awful like that. But I hate even more how awful YOU were. Why are mornings so bad? I get that you kinda hate your mom, and you have reasons to...but what did *I* ever do to you?
Still love you. But seriously. Hopefully by the time you read this you understand how important medicine is for you, how *NOT* fun hospitals are when you're actually sick, and how much easier things go when you choose happiness over misery. 'Cause if every morning is like this one, you won't be a very happy person, and you'll have no one to blame but yourself...
Love,
Aunt Celeste
No comments:
Post a Comment